June 1, 1966 The White House Conference on Civil Rights, titled “To Fulfill These Rights,” was convened. President Lyndon Johnson convened the two day conference to address discrimination against African Americans. The four areas covered were housing, economic security, education, and the administration of justice.
Tag Archives | To Fulfill These Rights
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 28th in African American History – Denzel Hayes Washington, Jr.
- November 2nd in African American History – Chandler Owen
- April 24th in African American History – Djimon Gaston Hounsou
- January 10th in African American History – Chandra Danette Cheeseborough
- August 29th in African American History – Michael Joseph Jackson
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer