February 23, 1942 Donald Luther Lee (Haki R. Madhubuti), author, poet and educator, was born in Little Rock, Arkansas. Madhubuti served in the United States Army from 1960 to 1963 and earned his Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Iowa in 1984.
Tag Archives | Third World Press
By Chimsima Zuhri on February 23, 2012 in African American History, Author, February, Military
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 13th in African American History – Raymond Mathew Brown
- November 1st in African American History – Florence Mills
- November 20th in African American History – Dominique Margaux Dawes
- January 3rd in African American History – William “Willy” Theodore Ribbs, Jr.
- May 5th in African American History – Josiah Henson
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer