January 10, 1959 Chandra Danette Cheeseborough, hall of fame track and field athlete, was born in Jacksonville, Florida. Cheeseborough broke onto the international track scene at the age of 16 by winning two Gold medals at the 1975 Pan American Games. In 1976, she set the American junior record in the 100-meter race.
Tag Archives | Pan American Games
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 8th in African American History – Minnie Julia Riperton
- December 12th in African American History – Henry Jackson, Jr. (Henry Armstrong)
- September 6th in African American History – Allan Rohan Crite
- June 5th in African American History – Brian McKnight
- July 10th in African American History – Arthur Robert Ashe, Jr.
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer