December 5, 1957 James Arthur “Art” Monk, hall of fame football player, was born in White Plains, New York. Monk played college football for Syracuse University from 1976 to 1979 and earned his bachelor’s degree from the College of Visual and Performing Arts. Monk was selected by the Washington Redskins in the 1980 NFL Draft.
Tag Archives | Good Samaritan Foundation
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 26th in African American History – Roy David Eldridge
- March 16th in African American History – Aaron Thibeaux “T-Bone” Walker
- January 22nd in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
- June 10th in African American History – Ray Charles
- September 10th in African American History – Ronald G. Walters
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer