February 25, 1967 Carl J. Murphy, journalist, civil rights leader and educator, died. Murphy was born January 17, 1889 in Baltimore, Maryland. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Howard University in 1911 and his Master of Arts degree from Harvard University in 1913.
Tag Archives | Carl J. Murphy
By Chimsima Zuhri on February 25, 2012 in African American History, Author, Civil Rights, Education, February
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 22nd in African American History – Julius Winfield “Dr. J” Erving, Jr.
- September 5th in African American History – Benjamin Brown
- February 15th in African American History – Nat King Cole
- October 22nd in African American History – Milton Lee Olive, III
- October 29th in African American History – George Murphy “Pops” Foster
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer