March 19, 1964 John Henry “Pop” Lloyd, hall of fame Negro League baseball player and manager, died. Lloyd was born April 25, 1884 in Palatka, Florida and began his professional baseball career in 1905. Over his career, Lloyd batted .343 and was generally considered the greatest shortstop in Negro League history. Lloyd was often referred [...]
Tag Archives | Black Wagner
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- March 23rd in African American History – Maynard Holbrook Jackson, Jr.
- January 11th in African American History – Mary Jane Blige
- March 16th in African American History – Ozzie Newsome, Jr.
- October 30th in African American History – Clifford Brown
- August 4th in African American History – Barack Hussein Obama II
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer