August 30, 1953 Robert Lee Parish, hall of fame basketball player, was born in Shreveport, Louisiana. Parish played college basketball at Centenary College of Louisiana and earned his B. A. degree in 1976. Parish was selected by the Golden State Warriors in the 1976 NBA Draft and traded to the Boston Celtics in 1980.
Tag Archives | 50 Greatest Players in NBA History
By Chimsima Zuhri on August 30, 2011 in African American History, August, Sports
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 14th in African American History – Aloyisus Leon Higginbotham, Jr.
- October 15th in African American History – The Black Panther Party for Self-Defense
- Ida Rebecca Cummings – March 17th in African American History
- February 2nd in African American History – Willie Mae Ford Smith
- Oliver Wendell “Ollie” Harrington – February 14th in African American History
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer